So my mom comes for the weekend to help me just in case something happens. She took me in on Thursday night as soon as she got here because I thought my water broke (just cervical fluid apparently)... so she goes to leave today because Chad is planning on coming home tonight, and I have an emotional breakdown and ask her to come back (luckily she hadn't gone to far)!
Soooo, as we were hanging out, Chad writes me a text and says, "got a flat." He is stuck on the pass between Ellensburg and Yakima, with a frickin' flat tire! My first thought is panic because it is so dark on that pass, and late at night, not sure there is jack, etc. However, I begin to think about the situation. WHAT IF Chad had decided to stay out on the fire for a few more days? WHAT IF he had waited until the very last minute for me to call and say, "COME HOME NOW I'M IN LABOR!" His three hour trip would have taken an extra two to three hours, potentially missing the birth of his firstborn son!
As I write this, Chad is safe and tucked into a hotel in Ellensburg, where he will get the doughnut replaced with a real tire tomorrow. But SERIOUSLY?
Thank goodness my mom stayed tonight (I am nervous about being alone right now) and THANK GOODNESS Chad decided to come home rather than try and gamble with racing to Spokane to make sure he made it. The money we make is important, but some things are BY FAR much more so.
Thank you, Mom, for your help this weekend, I love you!
Chad, get some good sleep tonight. I love you. Drive safe.
1 comment:
Oh no! U poor girl! U mustve been so worried! I feel ur pain; I locked every single window and door in the house this wkend bc I was nervous that chris was gone and someone would try and break in. I think it was also fueled by the 'bellevue wash killings' show I watched that night as well!
Post a Comment