Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm bored...


Nothing new to report, unfortunately. Now Chad is home, Mom is gone, everything is pretty much ready... I can't clean anything else, organize anything else, or start any new projects that I'm capable of finishing before baby comes. So now I just wait for the inevitable. My dad said it best, he said it is like waiting for company to arrive, except company that won't leave for 18+ years! ;)

Sometimes it doesn't feel real. I know I have said that before, but it really is a strange feeling. Sometimes I even forget I'm pregnant (that lasts about two seconds before I look down or run into something). I know life is going to change, but I just don't know how. People can try to explain it all they want, but it is like trying to explain how chocolate ice cream tastes. You just can't.



Chad is currently at Lamont, working on computers. I want him to be home soon because I am bored. And trying to induce myself by walking isn't a good idea when he isn't around me.

And then there are the bad dreams and VERY REAL horror stories about all the things that could go wrong. Those who know my know that I tend to be a worrier by nature, so it doesn't help when I hear or read something terrifying.

I know life will change drastically when this baby arrives, and I'm surprisingly calm about that.

I have spent the last few years thinking that
life is over when kids come, and I don't know where I got that idea. I know it is different, but it definitely isn't over. I am really looking forward to the parent part, of course I'm nervous because I know it is the most difficult job in the world. I know that. I like the quote, "I was a perfect parent before I became one."

Anyway, enough with my bored ramblings. JUST GO INTO LABOR ALREADY!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and enjoy the short amount of summer we have left.

No comments:

background