Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No.

I chose the title of this blog because this is a word we hear frequently in our house. Everett has begun his decent into toddlerhood, and loves to tell Mommy and Daddy no. "Everett, do you want to take a bath?" "No." "Everett, should we brush your teeth?" "No." So, we have switched to forcing him to make choices... "Everett, do you want water or milk?" He hasn't said "no" to a choice yet, but that will be coming soon I'm sure.

Recently we took him to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Thomas, and he reached the pinnacle of his naughtiness. He started out okay, but in short he threw his food, ketchup, and everything he could get his hands on. He was escorted out to sit on the stairs until he could behave himself, we went back in and he was naughty again! So Grandma saved the day and took him to the hotel room. Then he got to go swimming in the pool! He loved this, and loved dunking himself into the water.

Chad is done with work for the summer, and is staying home with Everett. He does such a great job with him. He is already improving his eating habits and is sitting on the potty for daddy.

When I asked Everett, "do you want me to read you the doggie book?" He said, "No, Mama. Dadda doggie book." Ouch! But I'm reading that this is what to expect at this age, mommies just aren't as fun as daddies, apparently!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hey girl, I just wanted you to know I read your blog. Really late apparently, but I read it ;)

background