It's been a while...
I feel so bad about how much I haven't shared on this page! Not really because I think anyone is reading it, but mostly because I haven't been good about keeping up with things in any other way!
Since February Everett has changed so much! He is sturdy on his feet, jumping off of things (and landing on both feet,) and speaking in sentences. His personality is shining through and I must say he is quite the character. He likes to test the limits, so if you say, "Don't touch, Everett." He will touch it with his pointer finger and look at you to see what you'll do. So, Mommy makes him sit on a chair (usually this happens with the dishwasher, AKA catnip for babies.) I have him sit there until I'm done with it, and this makes him very upset. But, he needs to learn that if he touches the dishwasher he will have to sit and watch from the chair!
He is very curious, and will see dada doing something and say, "What's dada doin?" Another favorite is asking, "Where did Mama go?" or "Where did dada go?" The other night he was in his crib and he was conducting a roll call of all of his friends at bedtime as I was watching him on the monitor "Mickey, Doggie, Eeyore... Eeyore? Where'd Eeyore go? Where'd Eeyore go?"
He also likes to give "Dada bite" of everything he eats, but he doesn't love sharing with Mama. Every older gentlemen he sees is "Grandpa" and every older lady he sees is "Mima" AKA Grandma.
We switched daycare this month. That was hard, he had really grown to love his old daycare provider because she was like a second home to him. So it has taken him a while to adjust to the new place. It was really sad walking away at first as he was yelling, "Mama! MAMA!" Most days I wish I could be a mom and save working for when he is old enough to be in school.
The school year is almost over and I'm getting by at my new position at the High School. It's a good job and I'm SOOO LUCKY to have a job at this point. However, the way education is going it might be a good idea for me to get my teaching certificate.
So anyway, hoping for a good fire season this year and looking forward to what the rest of the year and summer bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment