Well, since I can't DO my work, I figured I could blog ABOUT my work while Everett is taking a nap.
For the past week, I have left on time every day. I am contracted to work so many hours in the day, and I have been working those hours. In the past, I would stay as late as I needed to get the job done. Sometimes that was 6:00 pm, sometimes 4:30 pm. On scheduling days, it was 8:00 pm.
Now I have a three month old who I cannot wait to see at the end of each day, and I already don't get to spend as much time as I want with him, so I leave on time (3:00 pm). I leave my desk a mess, unfinished jobs, and just leave with a big smile on my face because I get to see my baby.
So, now I'm in a situation where I have to figure out how in the heck I'm going to get all the things I need to get done.
I haven't had a lunch break since I've been back, so that 30 minutes is already not an option.
I decided that every day when I get home, Everett takes an hour nap. SCORE! This is a perfect time for me to get some work done. I can return emails, call parents, organize my stacks, and finish my to-do lists. Today I brought home SPED scheduling, but apparently I can't do it on my computers here at home. So, that will have to be done at some point tomorrow (when? who knows.).
I feel bad shutting my door and hibernating, but I don't know how else I'm going to get anything done. I know it's about creating boundaries, but I feel pressured when other people don't understand that.
Is it just me? Am I the only person in this world who feel perpetually behind and like I'm never getting anything done? Is it a fault of mine? Am I unorganized? I don't know what the answer is, and I'm feeling the stress. I am doing my best to remember to leave it at school.
So I'm going to do that, I'm leaving it at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment