Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BONK

Poor Everett's stupid mommy put him in a position which caused him to bonk his head tonight. I put him down on his play mat on his tummy, and he quickly decided he wanted to roll over. UNFORTUNATELY Mommy put him too close to the coffee table, and as he was rolling over he hit his head on the side of the lower shelf. He paused for a split second to realize, "Hey, that HURT!" and then he started screaming. I gasped and immediately pulled him into my arms as he cried.

The crying quickly subsided into a wine, and I gave him his binky, which he took willingly. I called the nurse hotline, they instructed me to observe his behavior for the next hour. I did, and he was very normal. He took a nightcap bottle, then whined until we went into his bedroom. I wrapped him up in a blanket and we snuggled until he fell asleep.

When I put him in his crib and swaddled him, he woke up again. He just chilled for about 30 minutes, looking around his crib, at his Mickeys, all over. I came in to check on him, and he smiled at me, making his binky fall out. Finally, he drifted off to sleep. Now I will let him sleep for three or four hours, then I have to wake him up to make sure he doesn't have any head injury.

I think we are okay, because there wasn't even a bump or mark, but WHAT A HORRIBLE FEELING! In that moment I felt like such a horrible Mom. I wish I could press the rewind button, and do it all over again. DARN IT! Why can't I tell the future!

I pray everything is okay. Poor little man.

1 comment:

Reghann and Chris said...

I know the feeling; a couple weeks ago, I was at a restaraunt with a friend and William was sitting on my lap at the booth...when all of a sudden he rocked his head really fast forward and bonked it on the table...he paused, as Ev did, and then let out a blood-curdling cry! It was so sad and I felt soooo bad about it! I almost cried in the restaruant..I wouldve too, if Chris had been there- Anyhow, I am sure he is fine, as William was...but anything and everything now pulls at our heart-strings! Thats being a Mommy :)

background