Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When the mood strikes!

Tired and grouchy, Everett yells from his crib, "Mooooooooom! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!" Although he isn't actually saying Mom (he is above average intelligence, but not that much!), his yelling indicates that he wants me to come to his crib. Little does he know I can see him from his monitor, and I know he is just fine.

So, I repeatedly return to his crib to place his binky in his mouth. Each time I put his binky in his mouth, his eyes roll back, and for a moment I think he will fall asleep... As I slip away out of his room, I pick up the monitor only to watch him jerk himself awake and rip out the binky to return to his yelling! Multiply this by five or six times, and finally we have a napping 7 month old baby! Mommy: 6, Everett: 0!

I have not written in quite some time, nor have I posted any pictures. It seems like we have had many busy weekends, and the days have also been long... and complicated! When Chad and I both have to work in the evening, it is HARD to find someone to care for Everett at night!

He had his six month appointment on February 17... shots went well, he turned red and screamed, but abruptly stopped when I picked him up. He weighed almost 18 lbs and was 26.5 inches long, with a head circumference of 45 cm.

He is doing so many fun things, including sitting up (with caution, he throws himself backwards and has to have soft support around), rolling over ALL the time, babbling (babababa, dadada, yayaya), Thbbbtttting (so cute), and giggling like crazy! He interacts with people and his environment now (I hit the table, he hits the table, repeat). Additionally, he is eating solid food.

So far he has had pears, carrotts, apples, and peas. He HATES peas, but still eats them (reluctantly).

Here is a video of the little stinker eating!


1 comment:

Reghann and Chris said...

hahaha, chris thought the funniest part was chad's comment about you, lisa!! :) evie is getting so BIG!

background