Monday, July 27, 2009

38 WEEKS!

Well, I'm officially 38 weeks pregnant. More on that later. I want to have a good picture of my belly to post, but I haven't taken any this week so far. I should probably try to look a little less like a worthless excuse for a human being so that when I look back at my pics thirty years from now I won't say, "Ewwww."

Anyway, this weekend we had a surprise birthday part for Chad.  He turned 30 on July 21st, and I felt that this would probably be on of the last times for at least ten years to have a good excuse to throw him a surprise party. I did not anticipate the amount of work and stamina needed to pull off this adventure! All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS for my parents, Craig and Janis Corey. They came up on Friday (even though they had a busy weekend last weekend driving down to Cali and back) to help set up for the party. It was a last minute thing because usually Chad is on a fire on his birthday, but the stars aligned! Anyway, Mom and Dad helped me pull the entire thing off, and I really COULD NOT have done it without them. They both worked so hard, especially because I couldn't. Just a tip... don't try to plan a surprise birthday party when you are 38 weeks pregnant unless you have good help! :) Anyway, I'm so lucky to have them as my mom and dad, and once again, owe them BIG TIME! 

Anyway, Chad was indeed surprised, and he was so happy to see everyone and have a chance to relax and visit. We have some great friends, and we appreciate them more than we can say! 

Now I'm working on my class and putting some more baby stuff together, tying up lose ends. I meet with my sub for work on Wednesday, and after that I'm putting the away message on the email and handing over the torch. Two weeks could easily turn into one week, or even a few days! I want to be ready, and have some serious DO NOTHING time before I go into labor!

Here are a few pics from the night. 

Mom and Dad and Me









Chad and Lisa Prewitt (and TBD)









Chad getting out of his car after he has realized what is really going on!
 

No comments:

background